All Clubs with more than one league team must register the players for their league teams before the first match is played.
The names of registered players can be emailed or posted to the Hon. Secretary or one of the following forms may be used.
The Association Rule 10. Competitions, states:
(c) Any club entering more than one team in the competitions shall be required before playing in any competition to register with the Honorary Secretary eight players for its first team if two teams are entered and eight players for its first team and eight players for its second team if three teams are entered and so on. Players registered to compete in the Senior competition shall not compete in the other competitions and players registered to compete in the Intermediate competition shall not compete in the Junior competition. If two teams are entered by any club in any one competition eight players shall be registered in respect of one team and are not interchangeable. Registered players may be changed after the first two matches and before playing the third match of the particular competition.
- This Rule just applies to league (Rohu, McIlwaine, Price and Kerr) competitions.
- If only one league competition is entered, there is no need to register any players.
- If two league competitions are entered, the members of the first team should be registered.
- If three league competitions are entered, the members of the first two teams should be registered – and the team that they are registered for shown.
- If more than three league competitions are entered, all but the lowest team members should be registered.
- If there are two teams from the one club in any one competition, one team must be registered and treated as higher than the other.
What all this means
This rule is intended to manage substitutions fairly across all the clubs.
Once a player has been registered for a team, they may not be substituted down to a lower team, even if no matches have been played.
However, if due to a shortage of players early in the season, a club must use a player registered for a higher team to play on a lower team, the registration must be changed so that the player used for the lower team is registered for that team and another player registered on the higher team in their stead. The Rule is: Registered players may be changed after the first two matches and before playing the third match of the particular competition.
Clubs should be aware that the substitution rule is: Any player from a lower team may substitute not more than twice for a higher team. Hence a player registered for a lower team may be substituted up twice to a higher team.